- 1 egg
- 1 cup (128g) AP flour sifted
- 1/2 cup (100g) sugar
- 1/4 cup (60g) milk
- lemon zest from one or two lemons
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup melted butter (salted or unsalted)
- 2 cups of blueberries or sliced peaches
- some sugar and cinnamon for mixing with fruit
- Mix batter in a bowl. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter a round 9” pan. Put parchment atop the buttered pan and mush down.
- Spread the batter, which is typically thick, on the parchment and flatten.
- Spread the fruit, mixed with sugar and cinnamon, atop the batter.
- Bake for about 60-70 minutes.
Commonly, but incorrectly, referred to as Blueberry (or Peach) Cake.