- 6g // 12g yeast
- 5g // 10g sugar
- 4.25oz // 8.5oz warm water
- 25g // 50g olive oil
- 200g // 400g flour
- 2.5g // 5g salt
- Dissolve 12 grams of yeast and 10 grams of sugar in 8.5 oz of warm water.
- Stir in 50 grams of olive oil.
- Put it all, with flour (400g) and salt (5g) into mixing bowl and mix.
- Place dough in bowl (coated in oil) and wait at least 20 minutes until doubled in size.
- Punch down and wait for it to double again, about 30 minutes.
- Spread out on baking sheets, add oil and wait an hour.
- Add indentations with fingers, then put garlic or whatever you want, salt and more oil.
- Bake at 375˚ for 25 minutes.
If you’re adding tomato, cheese, or other wet toppings that can make the dough moist, bake the focaccia for twenty minutes before adding those toppings.
Adapted from a nice old lady in the north of Italy