The Internet’s Banana Nut Bread
- 1 cup (128g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter OR 100g coconut oil
- 3/4 cup (150g) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (50g) white sugar
- 1 cup (300g) mashed overripe bananas
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup (60g) chopped walnuts
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp of nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp of cloves
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- Cream the butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing after each addition. Add vanilla extract.
- Mix in mashed bananas.
- Mix in dry ingredients to wet in three batches, scraping down after each, then stir in nuts.
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes in the preheated oven, until a knife inserted into the crown of the loaf comes out clean.
Adapted from AllRecipes’s Virginia Sista & Serious Eats