- 150 grams flour
- tiny pinch of salt
- 10 tablespoons butter
- approximately 4 tablespoons of ice water
- 3-4 slices of bacon chopped
- 2 leeks
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of cream and milk (you can use heavy or whipping cream)
- a bunch of grated gruyere
- Make the crust. Put the flour, salt and chopped butter in the food processor. Mix together by pressing the pulse button as little as possible. Repeat about 10-15 times until you have lima beans of butter wrapped in flour. Then add some of the water. Do more pulsing. Stop and add a tiny bit more water.
- The dough is ready when you see tiny quarter inch balls.
- Dump on Saran Wrap and mush into a disk. Let rest in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Roll out dough. Bake for 25 minutes on 375, with . Let it sit out after baking and when it’s room temperature or close, you can fill it.
- Sauté the bacon. Remove excess fat and continue to cook until done. Finish the bacon and put on a towel.
- Sauté the chopped leaks in the same pan. No reason to completely brown but let them get cooked. Then, turn off flame. Leave leeks in the pot to keep cooking.
- Chop cheese.
- In a bowl, put the four eggs. Mix. Add about 1/2 cup of cream and about 1/2 cup of milk. Mix. Add the bacon, leeks and cheese, mix. Put it in the crust.
- Bake at 375 for 40-50 minutes.