Orange Poppyseed Cake
- 1 stick of butter
- 1.5 cups (300g) granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups (240g) flour
- 2.5 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup (6oz) milk
- 1/2 cup (63g) poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- zest of 2 oranges
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease a 10-inch Bundt pan.
- Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs.
- Sift flour and baking powder together. Add to KitchenAid alternately with milk.
- Fold in poppy seeds, vanilla, and zest.
- Put in pan and bake for 50-60 minutes. Cool for 30 minutes, then poke holes and pour glaze.
Adapted from The Silver Palate Cookbook