- 1½ cups unsalted roasted pistachios
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup ground almonds
- 2 sticks (8 ounces) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1½ cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- Zest of ½ lemon
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Grease a 9×4-inch loaf pan and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, grind the pistachios to a fine crumb. Be careful not to overprocess or else you will end up with pistachio butter. Measure out 1½ cups of the mixture and transfer to a medium bowl. Set aside the remaining crumbs for the cake topping. Add the salt, flour, and ground almonds to the bowl with the ground pistachios and whisk to combine.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugar for a few minutes until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each, then add the lemon zest and almond extract. With the mixer on low speed, add the dry ingredients and mix to combine. Scrape the batter into the pan and bake until browned on top and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Begin checking for doneness at 45 minutes. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the glaze: In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice and powdered sugar and pour it over the cake. Top with the reserved ground pistachios and enjoy.
Adapted from Molly Yeh