- 3/4 cup milk (180 grams)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (30 grams)
- 1 cup flour (120 grams)
- 2 tablespoons sugar (32 grams)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- Preparation: In a small bowl, stir together milk and vinegar. Allow to sit for five minutes. It will look curdled–that is normal.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl.
- Place butter in a small bowl and melt in the microwave. Once melted, crack the egg into the butter and stir with a fork or whisk until well-combined. Pour butter/egg mixture into milk/vinegar mixture and mix again.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients all at once. Gently stir only until all ingredients are uniformly moist. Don’t over mix or the pancakes will be tough.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat, spray with cooking spray, and drop 1/4 cup spoonfuls of batter onto skillet. Sprinkle cinnamon on top. Cook until bubbles form and pop, then flip and cook the other side.
Adapted from RecipesAndMe