- 133g coconut oil OR 3/4 cup butter
- 200 g sugar
- 1/4 cup (85g) molasses
- 1 egg (possibly another if dough isn’t coming together)
- 270g all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line baking sheets with parchment.
- In the KitchenAid, beat melted coconut oil and sugar until fluffy.
- Add egg and molasses. Then dry ingredients.
- If the dough isn’t coming together, add another egg.
- Form cookies, roughly the size of Reese’s peanut butter cups. If you like, roll the cookies in more sugar (or sprinkle atop).
- Bake for ten minutes, making sure the tops are cracked.
Adapted from Brenda Hall’s AllRecipes