- 400 grams sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- pinch of salt
- 198 grams marshmallows
- 5 ounces of evaporated milk (it’s in a can; NOT condensed milk)
- Heat this mixture to 234 degrees. Stir plenty. Flame should not be too hot or sugar will scorch. Keep stirring especially if you decide to increase the flame to get to 234.
- Turn off heat.
- Add vanilla extract. Stir.
- Add chocolate. I add around 9 ounces of bitter chocolate (72-88%). You can add 12 ounces if you have that much. Stir like crazy so it blends in.
- Add nuts (roasted, any kind, salted add more zing). Stir. You could add dried fruits if you wanted.
- I lay on a pan that is lined with nonstick foil. I used 9 X 13 or thereabouts. Can cool on the counter for 1-2 hours if the kitchen is cool.
Via David Lebovitz and Joy of Baking