Tomato Onion Crostata
- baby tomatoes
- 2-3 onions
- 1.25 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 stick butter
- 1/8-1/4 ice water depending texture
- Slice in half cherry tomatoes, lay on paper towel and sprinkle with salt. Let rest for one hour. Rinse after to get off salt.
- Now make the dough. Mix the dry ingredients, and then add butter cut up into tablespoons. Barely pulse. Add water.
- Take the dough out of the food processor and put it on plastic wrap, shaped into a disc about 9 inches in diameter. Put in the fridge for an hour, wrapped in the wrap.
- Preheat the oven to 425˚.
- Sauté 2-3 chopped onions with olive oil and salt, into slivers.
- Take the disc out of fridge, roll out on floured surface, roughly a foot. Then transfer to parchment paper.
- Put the onions everywhere, leaving an inch border free to make sides.
- Put the rinsed tomatoes, patted dry, on top of the onions. Sprinkle on top a little sugar.
- Bake in oven for 35-40 minutes.