- 1/2 cup (100g) sugar
- 1 cup walnuts (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2.5 cups cake flour (300g)
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 cup (200g) sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 pint sour cream OR 8oz plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Sift baking soda and flour. Cream the butter and sugar. Then add eggs, sour cream, juice. Then add dry ingredients.
- Pour in half of the batter, and then add half of the dry mix.
- Add rest of batter, then the remainder of the filling mix as a topping.
- Bake at 350°F for 53 minutes, then maybe another 20 minutes if you’re not happy with the results.
P.S. At one point, two teaspoons of baking powder was included, but it’s now crossed out. Make of that what you will.
Commonly referred to as the Gertie Golden Cake.