- chicken breasts
- salt & pepper
- soy sauce
- Marinate the chicken breasts in salt, pepper, and soy sauce.
- Heat up the pan on medium high heat, usually in a Le Creuset pot.
- Put olive oil in hot pan.
- Cook the chicken breasts for 1 minute without moving. Turn the heat to medium. Add the chicken breasts. Cook for just about 1 minute to help them get a little golden on one side (you are not actually searing or browning them).
- Then flip each chicken breast over.
- Turn the heat to low.
- Cover the pan and cook on low for 10 minutes. Cover with a tight-fitting lid. Set a timer for 10 minutes, and walk away. Do not lift the lid; do not peek.
- After 10 minutes have elapsed, turn off the heat. (If you have an electric stove, remove the pan from the heat.) Reset the timer for 10 minutes and leave the chicken breasts in the pan. Again, do not lift the lid; do not peek.
- After the 10 minutes are up, take the lid off, and your chicken is done. Make sure there is no pink in the middle of the chicken breasts. If you want to be absolutely sure it is cooked, you can use an instant-read thermometer to check (the chicken should be at least 165°F). Slice and eat.
Adapted from The Kitchn